If your browser supports Refresh, you'll be transported to our new home in 5 seconds, otherwise, select the link manually. Thank you

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Tip Top Traffic - Site On Steroids Update

Last week I told you in detail how I optimized my website, based on the excellent advice from Rosalind Gardner's Super Affiliate Handbook. (If you're interested, I've reviewed it here.) So how has it been going?

Stats on the rise

Swimmingly, as they say in the UK. This month, I've had more than 20,000 hits and, more importantly, more than 16,000 page views. That's 7 pages a visitor (double what I was told a good count would be). About 40% of my visitors are staying longer than 30 seconds. That's good, but there's no time to rest on my laurels. I've still got to find a way to keep the other 60% on my site for longer. I'm learning a few more techniques that I'll share with you once I've seen how they work out.

Using my traffic

So what am I going to do with all this traffic? Launch a monthly newsletter, of course. The newsletter will be available from the end of March and will contain freelance writing tips, resources and articles. I'm also going to add more free-to-reprint articles to my site to keep visitors interested in what I have to offer.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Related posts:
How I Put My Site On Steroids
How To Optimize Your Website: Keyword Research
How To Optimize Your Website: Keyword Placement
SEO: What's Under The Hood?
There's Life Beyond Google
How To Keep Your Website Traffic
Quickish Fix

No comments: