If your browser supports Refresh, you'll be transported to our new home in 5 seconds, otherwise, select the link manually. Thank you

Monday, June 11, 2007

Night Shift

Ah - the freedom of freelance writing. The freedom to set your own hours, as long as the client doesn't dictate otherwise. The freedom to take time off, as long as you meet the deadline. The freedom to knock off early, or to work till midnight. Don't you just love it?

I certainly do. I think that there are compromises with every job. Today I stopped work early to take my daughter on a play date, then went to the movies with my hubby. I can do that as a freelance writer. The trade off is that I will be up till midnight so I don't get too far behind this week. Works for me :-) What about you?

5 comments:

Dana Prince said...

I love the flexibility too and sometimes it's crazy to meet the deadlines but it's a price I pay for being a writer. Sometimes I get up really early to write and other times I stay up late or work away while others are having fun.
But it's all worth it. Sometimes I get to loaf or take it easy and other times I love every single minute of writing even if it means 16 hour days :D

Sharon Hurley Hall said...

Yes, it is worth it, Dana. Someone said to me today that if I were working in an office I would have even less control over my time - and it's true.

Katherine Huether said...

I love the flexibility but sometimes things are TOO flexible and I pay the price. My schedule can be crazy so I like how I can adapt my work accordingly.

Sharon Hurley Hall said...

Yes, I'm in a crazy period right now, Katherine, but it's still nice to be able to manage my own time.

Stacey Shubitz said...

You've been tagged for a Personal Policies Meme. Enjoy!

http://mentortexts.blogspot.com/2007/06/personal-policies-meme.html